Mr Tuichi & I went to see Talentime yesterday, at GSC Pavillion jam 12.05 tengah hari. It's sort of our early anniversary treat..mommy & daddy gi dating kejap..hehee..
Umar stayed at home with his Tok Mama and was very well-behaved :)
So anyway, I came prepared with packets of tissue, because a Yasmin Ahmad movie will surely move you to tears. And oh boy, did the tears come out..in buckets... huhuhu. Plus rindu kat Umar. Double dose la jawabnya.
Talentime is Yasmin's movie yang paling buat I nangis paling dasat compared to her previous works. I mean, memang la semua her films made me cry, but this is the ultimate!
The scene that made me tak tahan teresak-esak is Mahesh & his mom. (if you've watched it you'll know what I mean). Kedua paling tak tahan masa Cik Embun's touching words to her son, Hafiz. We even had a post-movie review at home and discussed the movie at lengths with Abah & Mama (because they've watched it too). And yes, they cried too.
Huwaaa... begitu hebat impactnya sampai I still get a lump in my throat everytime I teringat the scenes from the movie. Lagu Hindi yang syahdu dalam filem tu pun made me cry..and the song is still lingering in my mind. Semlm masa Umar bangun for his feed at 2 am pun Mr Tuichi & I sempat lagi discuss the movie...hahaha...
But obviously the Melayu Melayu won't appreciate Yasmin Ahmad's gems. Orang2 yang duk depan kitorang masa dlm cinema obviously tak faham. They laughed at the wrong parts. They didn't get the message. You know, the blank look like, "Huh? Citer ni pasal apa weihh?" Filem ini tidak berjaya menyentuh mereka.
Tapi takpela, we can't please everyone kan. As long as Yasmin keeps on making gems like this, I'll keep on watching. Terbukti kehebatan this movie sehingga menyebabkan I keluar menontonnya walaupun belum habis pantang...hehehe..
.
Thursday, April 09, 2009
hari emo
jottings by sheemi at 11:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
bukan semua boleh accept her film... kan?
p/s: what happen to muallaf daa..?
yup. true!
haa..tu la. dunno what happeng. cuba u call yasmin tanya dia..heheh.
(kena cari dvd la kot)
Post a Comment