CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

hello, world :)



Hello.


My name is Umar Nafidz. My daddy is Mohd. Hafidz and my mommy is Sheemi Mayanti. I was born on 26 February 2009, 1 Rabiulawal 1430 Hijrah, at 7.49 pm in Gleneagles Intan Medical Centre, KL. When I was born, I weighed 3.43 kg and my height (or length) was 49 cm. Dr Ravi Chandran helped to deliver me. Daddy was the cheerleader who cheered mommy on for 7 hours and saw me made my entrance into the world.



I thought he sounded like he had a lump in his throat, like sebak when he held me close and recited the azan & iqamah into my ears. Finally I get to meet my daddy, the one with the very deep bass voice that I've been hearing for the past 9 months.

My Tok Mama and Uncle Rick came to fetch me from the hospital. Before that, Dr Ravi and my paediatrician, Dr Adrian, checked mommy & I and gave us the green light to go home. A lot of people say I look like my mommy, but my nose & my smile & my dimple is very much like
my daddy's.






On my 6th day, my tali pusat fell off. Phewww. Now, I am 3 weeks and 5 days old, or 26 days old. I love to drink my mommy's milk and sleep and poop. I enjoy my bath time with Tok Mama and the froggy bath tub.




My mommy and dadd
y say that I'm a good boy because I'm not fussy and I sleep longer at night. Since from the hospital, my daddy volunteered to be in charge of diaper duty. If my diaper needs to be changed, my daddy will take care of it. He won't let mommy change my diaper (if he's at home or if I wake up at night). He calls it our 'boys' time'. Mommy is very happy because she gets extra nap time.





Sometimes when I'm put in the cot, I will call out to anyone who's nearby to come talk to me. I normally do this by calling out 'eii' or 'haaii' until someone comes over and keeps me company. I like it when there are people around me and borak-borak. I willl borak-borak also.






Tok Mama says I have inquisitive eyes because my eyes dart here, there & everywhere, like as if I want to study everything. Most of the people who came to visit me said I look like I'm already 1 month plus. I dunno why. Maybe I'll be as tall as my daddy, or maybe even taller. Mommy says I'm a polite boy because I close my mouth when I yawn, like, my lips form a small 'o'.




I like to move my hands and legs a lot. Daddy can't wait to play futsal with me. Mommy can't wait to go jalan-jalan with me. They say I'll probably be like them, suka jalan-jalan. Daddy says he's not surprised, after all, when I was inside mommy, I've already been on an airplane and gone to Sarawak for the Rainforest World Music Festival. I've even gone snorkelling & island hopping in Pulau Redang, and naik Aeroline jalan-jalan cari makan in Penang :)





Sometimes if I have an upset tummy or the weather's a bit warm, I tend to be slightly cranky. When that happens, daddy will rock me and mengaji or berzikir. During diaper change, daddy likes to sing to me and he will make up funny songs and funny stories, like Si Mulia & Si Singa. At night, as daddy rocks me to sleep, sometimes I will hum along to his zikir and selawat.


Some people came to visit and I was happy to hear a lot of people talking and fussing over me. But some of them were quite weird and annoying because they talked more about their babies' talents, so pandai this & that and what their babies did when they were my age and how expensive their formula and diapers and clothes are.. Poor mommy, she didn't say much... just listened and nodded & smiled, but when they all went home, I think mommy was kinda relieved. Mommy & I were like, whatever! Geez, mommies today are so competitive. It's ok mommy, don't give in to peer pressure!

Hmm.. I like to watch cartoons on TV with Uncle Rick but this rarely happens because Tok Mama only lets me watch Astro Oasis. Last night I was watching Buletin Utama with Tok Jack. Uncle Rick, who obediently followed Tok Mama's instructions, blocked my view and didn't let me watch, but I said "aiiii" and "eiiii" so many times and I kept lifting my head to get a better view that Tok Jack scolded Uncle Rick and asked him to move away and not block my view. Hahaha.

Oh well, I guess that's all the update I have..yawnnn.. this is Umar Nafidz at 26 days old, signing off...yawnnn....



9 comments:

Unknown said...

wait r.. nanti uncle datang lawat.. haih...

ini dah dapat pegang keyboard ni nanti x tau r camne.. huhu >_<

Unknown said...

good interpretation of umar's story by mommy sheemi...i so agree about the competitive mommies...boring...hugs & kisses for umar from auntie ila

sheemi said...

bidin: cepat la uncle bidin. umar loves company, teman bual2 sambal :)

puan azilah: tq..tq..hehee.. yea what's up with the competition? sabar je laa

Azlan Zed said...

hidung umar ngan pak long boleh geng... hehe...

Anonymous said...

Salam Umar & Mommy,
Umar boleh mula dalam blog baru ni.
Atuk tentu akan sentiasa mengikuti blog itu nanti.

sheemi said...

Pak Long: tapi Umar punye hidung tak muat 50 sen kot..hehehe

Atuk: baiklah, Umar will keep Atuk posted dengan adventure2 terbaru :)

Unknown said...

Salam..like father like son....

Naz said...

Hi Sheemi,

I've been a silent reader for a while now but this post just made me want to leave you a comment. Congratulations on having such a beautiful (and inquisitive!) baby! He's simply gorgeous, this post had me in tears. And dont get me started on that last daddy + son photo *bawl*

Way to go mommy! :)

sheemi said...

Hi Naz,

Oh my! *blush blush* Thank you..I'm deeply honoured (and flattered!) and really appreciate your feedback. Never expected anyone else to read my blog, except for my family and very few close friends who are aware of its existence. Thank you for your encouraging words :)